Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Into the Rays of Reiki

I often surprise people when I mention to them that I am a Reiki Master. Some are intrigued and some never look me in the eye again...funny....

Ironically, I have to chuckle when I listen to what people believe Reiki to be....some think it is a martial art, or a type of Yoga, or a practice in a secret cult-like society....still others think it is equivalent to selling snake oil off the back of a truck.

I've learned not to waste my energy trying to persuade people to believe in the amazing healing power of Reiki. If it is intended to be part of their journey it will be.

If someone had told me in my 20's or 30's that I would be walking down my current path I would never have believed them... after all, I was supposed to "shake my --- on White Snake's Car." I got here when I was ready, and when the people I needed to help me were with me.

For me, the first time I heard someone speak about Reiki it made so much sense. I had always believed we were made up of energy. I could always accept that...no matter what. That energy makes our hearts beat, lungs breathe and minds think. That energy couldn't just disappear when a person passes. It simply moves on ....It was such a simple concept yet such a beautiful thought...universal energy shared by us all.

Yet while the energy resides in us, it is subject to blockages and imbalances these are the cause of many health issues. Energy blockages or imbalances can be manifestations of physical dis-ease or emotional dis-ease.  Someone trained in the practice of Reiki can scan a body's energy flow, identify issues and work to bring a healthy balance back into the body.

Some Reiki practitioners/masters are blessed to have intuitive guidance that helps them in identifying the cause of concern. I have been so blessed, and it is an honor to work with the amazing people I do. I am thankful for their willingness and admire the way they so dutifully perform the honest self examination that is so necessary if one is truly going to heal.

I chose to study and practice Reiki because I truly believe in it. I have been privileged to share amazing experiences with wonderful people. I encourage anyone considering trying Reiki to do it...It will open your eyes to a new way of viewing yourself, others, and the world as a whole.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment