Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Signs are Everywhere....Even the Pet Aisle

So, in the contemplation of human existence one often asks..."is there a plan for me?" I had never quite believed that there was. I believed that you were born into this world,  you live your life to the best of your abilities and then you die. That was it. Nothing more.

 I had often been told that my life lacked spirituality, and that I should wrestle with issues of life and death and what comes next. I put it off. Until now...

I have come to believe that no circumstance in life is coincidence. People and opportunities come into our lives at the times they should. There IS a reason why you keep bumping into the same person, there IS a reason the same continuing ed class, or vacation opportunity, keeps coming across your desk. They are signs from spirit that these are opportunities you should take advantage of....that will lead you further down your path.

One of the most interesting forms of divine guidance I have accepted into my life is the messages brought by animal spirit guides. I have come to understand that animals who come to us in our dreams, or cross our paths during our everyday life are sent with meanings attached.

To determine the meaning of the animal as a sign we must go back to the animal's function and behavior in our world.  Only then can we begin to relate its appearance to us as a message regarding living our own life.

The best reference for understanding and interpreting the animals as guides is 'Animal Spirit Guides' By Steven D. Farmer, Ph.D. It is an essential reference for anyone accepting this very special method of guidance into their lives.

Accepting this guidance is learning (to some extent) from the beliefs of the Native Americans. They are extremely spiritual people with amazing connections to Mother Earth and all of nature.

1 comment:

  1. I believe that there are guides, assistance and signs available to us almost anywhere, if we will listen. ;D

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete